Monday, June 28, 2010

GRAPE AND SPRAYING UPDATE

Sprayed again today, using a mix of Crittovit and Ramedit Combi, 60 grams of each per 18 litre pack, I managed to get thru 6 packs.

Grape Update

Montepulciano

Absolutely lots and lots of fruit, the berries are just starting to swell. My only concern is that the canopy is very dense, I definately left too many buds on when I pruned these.

Sangiovese

A middle section of the row has a lot of fruit that is starting to swell, but a lot of the vines have a small amount or no fruit. It looks to me like these might be better cane pruned. The canopy looks good though and is not too dense.

Pecorino

Reasonable quantity of fruit on both rows, although I think probably more on the cane pruned Row 4. Again the canopy is very dense on both cane and spur pruned rows, and probably needs more thinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment